CUTtheNETS™ Basketball Academy Programs
2013 Spring Season
March 18 - May 17, 2013
- Boys & Girls / grades 3-4
- B-weekly Drill Sessions ... Monday & Wednesday / 5:00-6:00p
- Friday Games ... 5:00p
- All sessions will be played on regulation 10' goals using a 28.5" Intermediate ball.
- ALL PLAYERS ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND 1 TRYOUT FOR D-LEAGUE PARTICIPATION.
- 2 TRYOUT DATES: 2/27/13 from 7:00-8:00p & 3/6/13 from 7:00-8:00p
- APPLICATION DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY 3/6/13.
CUTtheNETS™ Rook League (R-LEAGUE) provides a proven balance of fundamental skill training and competitive team play ideal for beginning players. The R-LEAGUE is a lighter-version of our successful D-LEAGUE program.
Players will be divided by age & ability for drill sessions & games. CUTtheNETS™ goal is to construct programs benefitting aspiring, hard working, and talented players.
The R-LEAGUE will focus on (1) ballhandling, (2) on-court behavior, and (3) team play. Players with no previous basketball playing experience are welcome to participate. Please note: players who disrupt others are not tolerated.
2013 AAU ADDED-BENEFIT MEMBERSHIP:
All players MUST secure and submit at registration an active 2013 AAU Added-Benefit Membership Card in order to participate. AAU Added-Benefit memberships must be renewed on or after 08/15/12.
WEEKDAY DRILL SESSION FEATURES:
- All drill sessions are conducted @ Woodlands Preparatory School. (http://www.woodlandsprep.org)
Drill sessions are designed to enhance basketball IQ, fundamental skill, and conditioning.
Individual & Team Fundamentals include: shooting, ballhandling, passing skills, motion concepts, rebounding, man-to-man defense.
All drill sessions are closed / private to ensure a focused learning environment. (WP cafeteria is available for parents, family & friends wishing to remain on-premise.)
- Conducted by CUTtheNETS™ coaches.
SATURDAY GAME DETAILS:
All players will play one (1) officated game. CUTtheNETS™ coaches strive to provide players equal playing time. This, however, is not guaranteed.
- Players are divided and placed on a new team every week. This provides the opportunity to play with & against different CUTtheNETS™ players. Our goal is to allow players to experience different positions, roles, & on-court responsibilities.
- Games are coached and officiated by CUTtheNETS™ coaches & top HS prospects currently training in the program. (Parents wishing to volunteer coach on the CUTtheNETS™ staff can email: info@CUTtheNETS.com.)
All parents, family & friends are welcome to attend.
- Game times are TBA.
LOCATION: Woodlands Preparatory School
DATES: 03/18/13 - 05/17/13
COST: $375* - Biweekly Drill Sessions & Weekend Games
* All Players must be a 2012-13 AAU ‘Added Benefit’ Member. ($14)
NOTE: AAU Added-Benefit memberships must be renewed on or after 08/15/12
AAU Club Name: CUTtheNETS
AAU Club Code: XTB98T
* All players must wear the CTN Gray & White tank & shorts to all sessions. ($45)
CUTtheNETS™ requires the following materials on or before the 3/8/13 DEADLINE:
- Registration form with signed parental consent
- Current 2013 AAU Membership card
- Program payment
- Application materials are due at tryouts
CLICK HERE for a
2013 Spring R-LEAGUE Application
(CUTtheNETS™ program members are asked to serve as positive role models. Coaches, staff, parents, & players displaying poor conduct & sportsmanship will be dismissed from the CUTtheNETS™ program.)